Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Card #15...... "our parents"

So i have heard lots say that they love a certain promp.... I love this one! Lets face it if It had not been for our parents none of us would be where we are today... They have made us who we are... they have given us our wings... This came at a really good time for me, my mom and dad have just retired and packed up and moved about an hour south of us! I have to say that my emotions are mixed... I am so happy for them and for a start of their new life, they have both worked hard to get where they are today, i know that i will miss them though and that for the past 18 or so years they have only been 5 or ten minutes away. i know too that we will still see them lots but i don't think we realize how much we will miss something until it isn't there anymore... Thankfully they are only an hour away and if nothing else i know our visits will mean so much more...

Thanks Mom and Dad for all the memories, for always being there and for being the great people you are today, For that i am grateful!

28 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful card Lynn! It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your parents.

It's Not Easy Being Green said...

Great card. Love the splashes of green.

Anonymous said...

great journaling. great story. love the card! :-)

Unknown said...

A beautiful card and lovely journaling :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lynn, I think it's my favorite one so far. I believe that you can tell what kind of parents a person has had by their own beliefs and actions. Your's can feel very proud of themselves because you are such a kind and wonderful person.
- Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....wow the tears are definately welling up. The sweetest card ever. Definately great grandparents. Great card.

Marjolein said...

Wow, great card Lynn, love the stitching at the side!

Stacy said...

totally love that card !!!

Vibeche Bergqvist Ellingsen said...

I love your card :)
Beautiful picture of your parents :)

leewoodside said...

Love your card!

jess said...

i love your card! I love what you've written!

Je@net said...

Love your card! Great picture and journaling!!!!!

Anonymous said...

just caught up again. This is a mixed prompt for me as my card says but yours turned out beautifully. I love the layout of your daughter. Did you get my post about Keith? You'll have to re email me your number and such and I'll call you cause I am coming to Calgary soon. Maybe I can see your projects in person:)

Mrs Pretzel said...

I am loving the colors you used!

beth said...

awesome card! love the stitching.

Cheryl Wray said...

That is just BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!

gloria said...

i'm stumped on this prompt.
but i love your card.
great colors!!

gloria said...

i'm stumped on this prompt.
but i love your card.
great colors!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. Beautiful!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous card Lynne. You do it every time, you WOW me!

Anne Thompson said...

Your parents look so cute and happy! Great card! I finally posted some of mine on my site! take care, A.

Kimberly White said...

Just lovely. It's such a blessing to have family. Have a great day! kim

Sherri said...

beautiful card Lynn -

I put you on my list of people I would like to tag for I would love to get to know you better and have you stop by my blog once in awhile.

Plus I really do love to read what people write about themselves - so interesting.

How you feel about your parents I have felt about my sisters moving away - I so miss them all the time and wish we were all living closer, ah well just gives all more experiences and places to share with each other!

Take care :-)

Lynn said...

Okay Sherri... I am trying to get to your blog but can't seem to find it so If you read this let me know where you are....

Ronda Palazzari said...

I have been missing you! Such a fantastic card. Love the stitching on the end and the beautiful sentiments!

~Telah said...

Your cards and recent layouts are all so good! You are so talented!

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Lynn, love the colours.

A.S.K.-P. said...

VERY COOL ccard! Beautiful sentiments. Love the touch of the button. GREAT JOB!

~Amy